Residential wells are a source of water for homes that are not connected to a public water supply. Here are a few important things to know about residential wells:
1. Location: Residential wells are typically located on a property, and are drilled into the ground to reach an underground water source. The location of the well is important, as it will determine the quality and quantity of water that can be drawn from the well.
2. Water quality: Residential wells can provide a safe and reliable source of water, but the water quality can vary depending on the location and geology of the well. It is important to test the water from a residential well for contaminants such as bacteria, nitrates, and other chemicals, to ensure that it is safe to drink.
3. Maintenance: Residential wells require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and disinfecting the well, testing the water, and inspecting the well pump and other components. It's important to have a professional well contractor perform regular maintenance to ensure the well is functioning properly.
4. Depth: Residential wells can vary in depth, and the deeper the well, the more expensive it is to drill and maintain. It's important to consider the depth of the well when deciding to drill a new well or when purchasing a home with an existing well.
5. Water level: It's important to regularly check the water level in the well, as it can fluctuate depending on the time of year and the amount of water being used. If the water level drops significantly, it may indicate that the well is running low on water or that there's a problem with the well pump.
6. Drought: Residential wells can be affected by drought, if the water table drops too low it can cause the well to run dry. This can be a serious problem and it's important to have a backup plan for water supply in case of drought.
7. Regulations: Residential wells are regulated by state and local authorities, it's important to be aware of any regulations and permits required to drill and maintain a well.
Overall, residential wells can provide a safe reliable water source for homes and for agricultural application. Vinson and Sill, Inc. is proud to install Zoeller and Grundfos brand well pumps and motors with Preferred Pump